Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Can I register my Epson TM-U220A printer to Epson Connect?

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Epson connect is a wireless printing app. The Tmu220a is an impact serial /pararrell receipt printer. Its not a wireless printer.

There is an expensive module you can use to turn that printer into a wireless printer. Here http://amzn.to/1OAdaNa

Once its wireless, you can then use other wireless devices to print to it.. But even then, its not going to work with epson connect, or with mobile phones or ipads. It still needs a wireless PC or Mac that can load the driver and software and then print to it.

Thats as close as you can get that model of impact / receipt printer to being a fully fleshed out wireless device.

If you have further questions or concerns, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have successfully attached my Epson printer to my Windows 7 PC using a Bluetooth serial adapter and have drivers installed. My hope is that I can now register the printer with Epson Connect and get an Email address that Epson Connect assigns to the printer upon registration. Does that make sense?
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

It does make sense. And I may not have been clear before but, even with a bluetooth or wireless adapter.

That printer is not compatible with the epson connect software. It simply cannot communicate with it nor does it have any way to do so. To do that, youd need one of the mobile compatible T class printers from epson.. Such as this one.

http://amzn.to/20hCNaS

or any of these that say " mobile compatible" http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/ProductCategory.do?oid=-19613&UseCookie=yes

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What if I define it as a cloud printer (via Google Chrome), establish an email address for it and then be able to email print requests to it. Do you have expertise in the Cloud arena?OR failing that, can I send a print job to it's Cloud IP address?
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

I do have experience, and if you can get it recognized by google cloud print then that could work. ( just not with epson connect )

Maybe a network share of the printer might work too.. i could connect and try and help you get it setup and configured, but considering that the printer isnt made for that type of connection there wont be any guarantees.

Would you like me to try and connect and help get it setup in person?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dustin, let me get back to you next week after I have hopefully, successfully defined the printer to the Cloud.
How do I connect specifically with you, but you also get paid for your time? Just click on "Call Me"??
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Well, by next week you may have solved the issue yourself! In which case, Id need you to reply here and let me know so we could refund you~

As far as payment, I will send you an offer now that will include phone support and remote support. keep in mind, if you fix the issue yourself this is entirely 100% refundable.

D.S

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Youre welcome~

I will keep an eye out for your messages in the coming cays.