John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother printer HL 1440 series and the Ready and

Customer Question

I have a Brother printer HL 1440 series and the Ready and Alarm lights are blinking and thus it won't print. I followed old instructions that said it was paper jam. My husband had pulled out a ripped sheet, so it is now cleared. We re-loaded the paper, still will not print.
I tried turning it off, holding down the round button, releasing it when the Drum light came on, Pressing the front panel button again until the Drum light came on. It sounded like it was going to print and the Data light came on, then it flashed back to The Ready and Alarm lights. Any ideas on what I need to do to get it to print again, Peggy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Peggy.

Can you tell me a bit more about the lights?
Are they solid, or blin*****, *****e time or alternate, what color, etc?

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Do you still need help with this, Peggy?