John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I use a canon scanner [canoscan LIDE 700F] on my win 7 64

Customer Question

Customer: I use a canon scanner [canoscan LIDE 700F] on my win 7 64 bit machine. Suddenly scangear reported that either the scanner cable was disconnected or the scanner was not activated. sorry,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that is not the case and i replaced the mini usb cable with a new one. After I updated the driver software I still cannot communicate with the scanner
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call.

Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Can you give me a more detail on the problem?