Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Check first, whether *all* possible paper sources and paper trays - including the Manual Feed, if there is one on your model - are provided with paper.
Then check your printer's driver settings (in various places, depending upon whether you are trying to print from a Windows PC, or an Apple computer), as to what the specified Paper Source and/or Paper Tray actually is set to. If it is set to e.g. "Paper Tray X" for example, check that Paper Tray X is supplied with paper.
Then having done that, also check whether the Paper Size (or perhaps Paper Type, etc.) setting matches the paper size in the Paper Tray X. If it is set to A4, but you have Letter size paper actually loaded in Paper Tray X, then this can cause problems, and/or the error you are asking about.
After that, if the error is unchanged, try this reset:
1. unplug the printer from the power.
2. restart your computer.
3. once your computer is restarted and logged back in, plug in the printer again (or, better, wait until at least 10 minutes have passed with the printer unplugged, and only after that interval, plug the printer back in to the power.)
4. and see whether the error message has been cleared.
Let me know how it goes, and other details of the case. Thanks.
What computer do you have, a Windows PC, or an Apple computer, please ?
What Windows (or, MAC OS X) version is on it?
Good. Go to the multicolored apple logo, then to
About This MAC
and let me know the 10.X version #.
1. turn the printer Off, then unplug it from the computer. Leave it that way until the end (or, near the end) of this procedure.
2. go to the Printers list, select the HP printer from the list, and use the - button to delete it.
3. restart your computer.
4. go to
and download, then install, the Full Feature Software and Drivers (after checking that MAC OS X 10.10 is selected).
That may help.