Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a canon pixma mx 892 that may or not print.....I can

Customer Question

I have a canon pixma mx 892 that may or not print.....I can print photos from Picasa beautiful but not text from Word or openoffice & most emails.Computer has become very slow in loading even Google is either a wait or kill.When I try to print documents or word / open office it goes to Save.I am running win 7 on a Toshiba Satellite desk top computer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please click Start button and select Devices and Printers. Right click on the printer name and select Set as Default. Then, try printing anything.

The reason for you to get the Save option in Word and OpenOffice, that you have not selected the correct printer from the list while printing. You have selected Save as PDF instead. While printing, make sure that you are selecting the correct printer name.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked the printer and it is already sset as the default printer and is the only one we haveAs I mentioned I need to have the computer running much fasterConrad
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked if the correct printer selected while printing from Word and Open Office?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just on the selection as you had provided in devices & printersMy wife has the cell phone and is not here she wil be back at about 3 pm
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please open a page in Word, click File and select print.

The print properties window will open. Over there, check if you have selected the correct printer name. If no, select the correct one and then click Print.

Let me know the result.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer responded but issued a blank sheet wo printing
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Try printing from any other program and check if you get the same response. After that, try printing from Word again.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer sent me an alarm stating the I have the wrong printhead installed.....I did not have another.....REmoved and reinstalled getting the same message . *U052
I will try a cleaning if it does not allow me to print.Con
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

It is a Canon hardware error and the error is with the printhead. You have to try removing the printhead, cleaning it and reinstalling it back.

Please try the instructions below and if the issue persists even after following the instructions, you have to replace the printhead in order to get the issue resolved.

Remove all the ink cartridges and printhead from the machine.

How to remove printhead : https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART115370&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1453237074540

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means where the printhead seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue still persists, you have to replace the printhead with a new one. However it will be costly, and if the printer is old, it is better to get a new printer instead.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will remove and clean the contacts & see if I can now do anything other than buying a new printer, but I still need the computer running better.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you backup all your data and restore your computer to factory settings in order to resolve the issue. However, you can try the following too.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/optimize-windows-better-performance#optimize-windows-better-performance=windows-7

Thank you.

S H E F I N