Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a Kodak ESP 5250 printer. I've just scanned some old

Customer Question

I have a Kodak ESP 5250 printer. I've just scanned some old 120 black and white negatives into photoshop elements and I can't get them to print decently. Are there some changes I should be making in the set-up?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

What are you using to scan them in? Are the scans themselves correct? This will have the greatest effect on the outcome. If the scans aren't coming into LR correctly, the results will be pretty bad.

Can you attach one of them here?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm using an Epson V600 photo to perform the scan. The photo was turned into a jpg by the photoshop sharing system. Sorry for the delay in responding, but I've been traveling and will be out of town until next Thursday.

Got it. Thank you. Have you tried printing in greyscale (vs black/white which the printer sees as only black and white, but nothing in between - like a typed document).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will check the settings when I get back to Chicago, don't recall that being an option.

It should be... just go to file and then print to make sure you have all the print options available.