Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Canon iPF5100 from my MAC get beautiful photos except bands

Customer Question

Canon iPF5100 from my MAC get beautiful photos except bands of lighter colors print at the edge. Does not happen printing from Lightroom so I think it's not the printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Depending upon what program or application you are printing from, there could be something wrong with the application - esp. if it is an Adobe product. Try printing a picture from something simpler, and see if it comes out without colored bands at the edges.

If the colored bands show up with *every* application, the printer may need re-aligning of the printhead - which is usually one of the Maintenance functions provided in the printer software distributed by the manufacturer.

Have you tried doing an Alignment? if not, I recommend it at this point.