Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a lexmark 2600 and the disc. when i run disk it says

Customer Question

i have a lexmark 2600 and the disc. when i run disk it says it dont come in english. i cant get any farther then that. it worked befor now i cant do anything. i tried it on vista and windows 7. what do i do.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the model X2600?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Can you click on Start\Control Panel\System and Security\System, and check if the System type there is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. Let me provide a possible solution you can try when you are available. Instead of using the printer's CD disk, please try the following:

- Go to the appropriate Lexmark website below, then scroll down, then click on Download option at the bottom in order to download / install the printer's driver / software there.

; for 32-bit windows computer:

http://support.lexmark.com:80/lexmark/index?page=content&locale=EN&docLocale=en_US&segType=recommendedSegmentOS&userlocale=EN&id=DR5214

, the download file name is called cj2600en32...

; for 64-bit windows computer:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&locale=EN&docLocale=en_US&segType=recommendedSegmentOS&userlocale=EN&id=DR6457

, the download file name is called cj2600en64...

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Reply button below in order to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.