Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

0x69 error code when installing ink epson workforce 7110

Customer Question

Customer: 0x69 error code when installing ink epson workforce 7110
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just plugged in, started up, installed ink cartridge and the got error
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can wait a bit
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you should remove the ink cartridge, double-check that it is the right 'type-number', that it is in the right slot, that protective tape has been removed from it properly, and then put it back in the right slot, and push it in firmly until you hear a 'click' of its being seated properly.

Then close all covers, and wait a bit.

- If the error message clears, press the ink-drop button once.

- If the message does not clear, turn the printer Off. Wait 5+ minutes... then turn it On again. If the error message then clears, press the ink-drop button, once... and if the error message still persists, let me know whether the cartridge is Epson OEM-original, or a refill, or remanufactured, or 'Epson compatible'... and what type-number it is, please.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still get the same Error.... there is not an ink drop button on this printer... and im using the regular epson cartridges that came with the printer.. epson wf-7110 ink: xl252
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

How new or old is the printer in question? measured from its date of purchase.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's new. It's my first time installing ink
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, then. If you have installed ink into an inkjet printer before, if the ink cartridges click into place, if you followed all the instructions... then you have a defective printer. Pack it up again, take it back (with proof of sales date in hand) and get it exchanged for another one, before the return-exchange period runs out.

If this completes the case, please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks.