Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Error0xe5
, new printer
,

Customer Question

Customer: error0xe5
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: new printer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me what maker, and what model #, your printer (or other device with the error, but most likely from the sound of it a Canon printer of the PIXMA type or class...) ... is.

If your device is a Canon printer with scanner, then the 0xE5 error is most likely to be fairly severe, and might require repair-servicing, ultimately, though some resets and other procedures can be tried. But let me know the required information, and I will be more exact in my answer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its epson workforce pro
wf 4630

Thanks for the response and the info.

That error is poorly documented, I'm sorry to say. Try various things, and probably fail to change it at all, then settle on either having it repair-serviced, or else replaced.

Questions, before going through the details:

- how old is the Epson printer in question?

- have their been any significant events for it recently, like being moved, being stored, being turned Off for a while, dropped, zapped by a thunderstorm, a paper jam removed from it, or anything else you can think of?