Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Running El Capitan 11.12 on Mac but my new Epson wf3620

Customer Question

Running El Capitan 11.12 on Mac but my new Epson wf3620 won't scan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com,my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The good news is, Epson has released an ICA driver for that model of machine, for usage on el capitan.

Now, we just need to download it, install it, and get it working. You can download the ICA driver from this page.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=232591&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X11

make sure to expand the driver list and download the ICA driver itself.. Then install it.

This should get your device functioning as a scanner again, test with the image capture app to see if you can scan. ( after installing the above driver of course~)

if you run into any issues, let me know. And if you would prefer to have me connect to your computer from here and Install and configure the scanner for you on screen we can arrange that.. Just send a reply saying " I want remote support"

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.