Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Installed printer HP 5544 wireless connection. So far it

Customer Question

Installed printer HP 5544 wireless connection. So far it works/prints well. Except for envelopes feeding in on right side.Left side, middle,it feeds & prints ok. Right side, flap up or down, the printer does NOT recognize the envelope. Says it is not the right size or ????. Same issue from 3 diff. laptops w/ same program loaded for the printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Bob,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

You will need to insert the envelopes into the center of the input tray with the envelope flap on the left and facing up. If the flap is on the short end of the envelope, ensure you insert the envelope into the center of the tray with the flap away from the printer and facing up.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete,or whomever. I already know/proved printing an envelope using the CENTER feed works. Also the Left side feed with the same envelope works. My question IS, Why doesn't the same size envelope get recognized?

Hi Bob,

The paper sensor will not detect the envelope if it is not inserted on the correct side.