Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a Lexmark S315. It keeps stating I have a paper jam.

Customer Question

I have a Lexmark S315. It keeps stating I have a paper jam. I have checked all places and can find no paper. I have also turned it off and back on and it still tates I have a paper jam.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 10 months ago.

The problem you are facing can also happen, if the cartridges are jammed, because when the cartridges cannot move the printer thinks there is some paper is jam. Can you confirm, if the cartridges can move freely or not ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The cartridges are not moving freely

Thanks, ***** ***** off the printer then, try to move the cartridges with your hand and let me know, if something dislodged from them or not or you are able to move them.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing dislodged and I can move it with my hand

OK, now move them to the center and power on the printer, after that let me know what does the cartridges do ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
After I turned it on and it warmed up they moved all the way to the right then back to the left side of the machine

Do you still see the paper jam message on the printer ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is and if I try and turn the machine off it tells me the printer is busy

Thanks for the update, I do not know, you will like my honest answer or not, because the problem is with the paper jam sensor, it seems to be defective and that is why the printer thinks, there is paper jam and showing you the false error message on the printer, unfortunately there is no other way to solve the problem, except replacing the sensor from any repair shop.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thank you

You are welcome and I am extremely sorry that, the problem cannot be solved at home, as it is a hardware fault of the printer. Please reply me back, if you need any further information, othewsie please rememeber to give positive rating, because without that, all my time and effort will be wasted.