Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have had my wonderful Brother Laser printer, HL 2270 DW,

Customer Question

I have had my wonderful Brother Laser printer, HL 2270 DW, fror a few years now and with the advent of Microsoft 10 I've had nothing but trouble getting it to print. What am I doing wrong? It prints a test page but it will not print any letter anymore. PleaSE HELP11
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

When you reinstalled, what happened?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happened!! It told me to get in touch with you and ask you if I should get a new printer driver because HL2270DW is no longer valid. I don't know what to do. I'm in my 80's and am not anxious to get upset over computers that don't work!!

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Your Brother HL-2270DW model does work with Windows 10.

You do not need to purchase a new printer. I can get your printer working on your Windows 10 computer right now. Can I connect remotely to your computer and fix the printer issue right now? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back to continue. Or you can try the following fix:

Solution #1:

- If there is a USB printer cable connected to the computer, please disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer for now.

1. Right-click on the Start button (which is the Windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel, then open Programs / Programs and Features, and uninstall the Brother program there.

2. Shut down / Restart the computer.

3. Right-click on the Start button (which is the Windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel, then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers, then if you still see any Brother printer there, then right-click on it and remove it and confirm yes.

4. Then click on the Brother website below:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2270dw_all&os=10013&dlid=dlf005132_000&flang=8&type3=11

, then there, click on "Agree to the EULA and Download" at the bottom in order to download and install the Brother printer driver / software.

, then check printing. Thank you.

Solution #2:

- If it does not work or if you do not like Windows 10, then you can remove windows 10 and go back to your previous working Windows version within 30 days of installing Windows 10 by downloading the following steps:

- Click on the Start button (which is the Windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings, then click on Update & Security, then click on Recovery, then there, select the option to go back to your previous Windows version.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.