Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Canon MG6320 --- 2 index cards fed through at the same time.

Customer Question

Canon MG6320 --- 2 index cards fed through at the same time. Now have error saying paper jam. I have removed paper trays and back on the printer and no paper can be seen. I have unplugged all cables for a while to see if it would reset--it did not. Is there a way to clear this without having to take to a repair shop?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The printer status has not changed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. I got an email saying you have charged my Visa $18 and that I can continue conversation till I am satisfied and that I can click on the "View Response" button to see the response. It only brings me back to this page where I ask my question and you introduce yourself and say you can help if I still need assistance. NO DIRECT ANSWER TO MY QUESTION. Have I fallen prey to a scam?

One thing you can try to clear the jam - unplug the printer, then with card stock or something similar - meaning a full sheet of it - push it through the paper path in the regular direction of the paper. This should dislodge any jams. Then turn the printer over and give it a shake to make sure nothing is left in there , and then try the printer again.

Although I don't suspect this is the issue here - performing a roller cleaning may resolve the issue. It is a step that you should try if all else fails. To do this, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on. Next, please follow the steps located here to perform a roller cleaning.

If you still experience the same issue after performing the roller cleaning at least three times, or if you are unable to perform the roller cleaning due the error, cleaning the timing encoder strip of the printer may resolve the issue. To do this, please follow the steps locatedhere.

Should you continue to experience difficulty, the printer may require servicing.