Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a designjet T1120 that we have replaced the Main PCA

Customer Question

I have a designjet T1120 that we have replaced the Main PCA powersupply 2 times / the carriage and trailing cable assembly to include the line sensor / the encoder strip / the encoder disk / the service station / the scan axis motor and we are still getting an 86:01 error - the carriage does not move on start up
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
When the unit is unplugged, are you able to freely move the printhead?
The printhead should move when there is no power. If it does not, this would usually indicate some type of mechanical/physical problem, like an improperly installed encoder strip. If you can let me know about that, we can go from there. Mike
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes the carriage rides smooth across the rail

The only other problem that can cause this error is the cutter not being in the cutter track. The cutter is a user replaceable part. To troubleshoot this, remove the cutter to verify whether or not this is the issue. The following pictures will show the correct and incorrect cutter placement. (I will attach a link to the pictures) If the error does not occur during initialization with the cutter removed, ensure that the customer places the cutter back in the printer correctly and the issue should be resolved.http://bitli.es/XbApd7