Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Just installed HP Officejet 4630 using printer wireless

Customer Question

Just installed HP Officejet 4630 using printer wireless system. Copy function works fine, but scan function responds it's not connected to computer. Computer responds similarly, "no printer available." No USB connector cable was furnished with printer, and I don't know whether one is required. Printer, computer are both placed adjacent to wireless modem/router. Computer is working ok otherwise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please setup wireless once again on the printer. Follow the instructions in the link below to setup wireless. After setting up wireless, you required to install printer driver on the computer.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-4600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5305049/model/5305050/document/c03834108/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Batting zero. Computer is linux. Installation disc was entered but disappeared somewhere, no window opened following disc insertion. Since this isn't Windows, any suggestions? I have computer mfgr. confirmation that it's compatible with HP 4630.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

After setting up wireless, try installing the Linux driver from the link below. You can use the printer control panel to setup wireless. Go to the link below, select your Linux OS version, then download and install the driver.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-4600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5305049/model/5305050

Thank you!
S H E F I N