John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just put new cartridges in my printer but it won't print.

Customer Question

i just put new cartridges in my printer but it won't print. It says the door or cover isn't closed when it is
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
PLEASE CALL ME WITH HELP. HAD PRINTER FOR LITTLE OVER A YEAR NO PROBLEMS. PUT IN NEW CARTRIDGES. CLOSED COVER PUT IT WON'T PRINT WON'T DO ANYTHING I GET ERROR TELLING ME THE COVER OR DOOR ISN;T CLOSED WHICH IT IS.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
GETTING CODE 1200 I JUST ADDED NEW BLACK CARTRIDGE WHICH SHOWS OK AND NEW COLOR WHICH I GET A YELLOW MARK ABOVE WITH EXPANTATION MARK IN IT. IS CANNON SELLING BAD CARTRIDGES OR JUST BAD PRINTERS ? NEVER HAD PROBLEM BEFORE AND KNOW HOW TO PUT CARTRIDGES IN.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
YOU SAY YOU'LL USUALLY ANSWER WITHIN 10 MINUTES AND IT HAS NOW BEEN ALMOST 20 MINUTES
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer.

Error 1200 means the ink cover is open.

Resolution

1. Close the ink cover and wait for a while. Do not close the ink tank cover while you are replacing an ink tank.

let me know how it goes.