Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

Hopefully. I have an HP C3180 all in one printer with new

Customer Question

hopefully. I have an HP C3180 all in one printer with new color and black cartridge just installed. I want to print black but when selected, prints color. Also when I select black for print, the black ink selection is not highlighted even though I selected black, and it always resorts to color.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean, you are selecting the "Black Ink Only" option ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
however once selected, the black ink option is not highlighted, you cannot tell by looking at top of printer which selection was made even though I pressed black and not color. Printr will print in color as a result
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
however, looking at top of my printer, one can not tell that black has been selected.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean you are pressing the black button on the printer and then, trying to print from the PC ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just printed your email and it includes color whereas, I selected black ink from my printer selection button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any suggestions? I must hurry, I have lots of legal documents to print.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE ALREADY PAID SOMEONE $23 AND I WON'T PAY FURTHER, UNEMPLOYED/DISABLED AND CANNOT AFFORD!
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update, the button you are using on your printer is used to make black and white copies and not for printing black from your PC. If you want to print black from your PC then, you have to change the print settings from your PC, do you have tried that ?