John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'm having problems using the scan feature first time on my

Customer Question

Customer: I'm having problems using the scan feature for the first time on my Canon MX922 printer. Help!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a one page document to scan and send but I don't understand what the printer is asking me to do. I pressed the button to have the scanned data forwarded to my PC but then under Select PC is just says local usb and I don't have that.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer wireless?

Do you see the program IJ Scan Utility on your computer?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,