Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a Brother HL 2170W ink jet printer. Recently the Drum

Customer Question

I have a Brother HL 2170W ink jet printer. Recently the Drum warning light has started flashing at irregular intervals. To date the use of the printer has not been affected, but I am curious. Do I need to replace the drum? If so, is that something I can do or do I need to find a local store that can do the maintenance.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

If you are seeing a the drum indication light flashing then, it means it is a laser printer and not an inkjet printer. Now, the flashing indicates the drum life is coming to an end, it will best if you get a new drum and keep it handy. So that, when the light to blink continuesly, replace the drum unit to continue printing. Please remember drum and toner cartridge are two different part, so make sure you are purchasing a drum and not a toner cartridge. Please let me know, if you need any further information about replacing the drum, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as without that I will not be compensated for my time and effort.