Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a new 64 bit Windows 7 pro computer. The driver

Customer Question

I have a new 64 bit Windows 7 pro computer. The driver for Pixma iP6000D won't load. Is there an update available?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the result.

Please click Start button, and select Devices and Printers. Please check if any printers listed over there. If yes, right click on that and select Remove Device/Delete.

If no, click Add a printer. In the Add Printer Wizard, select Add a local printer.

On the Choose a printer port page, make sure that the Use an existing port option button and the recommended printer port are selected, and then click Next.

On the Install the printer driver page, select the printer manufacturer and model, and then click Next.

If you do not see the model number in the list, please click Windows Update tab, that you see under the table (list of models). Wait for the computer to update the list and select your model number from the list. Follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N