John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I lost the icon on the desk top that would transfer a

Customer Question

I lost the icon on the desk top that would transfer a picture from my Canon printer to my computer, internet windows 8 and scan it etc so I could put in on email or facebook. How do I get this back in service? Canon printer MP480.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Austin Atkins replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to assist you. Was the icon on your desktop yesterday, or the day before?

Thanks.

Austin

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The icon was on a week ago and then my computer went down and got it back up and the icon was gone.

Thank you. Let's try a system restore. This won't affect any of your files, only the settings of the computer. Essentially, it brings the computer back to its state at a previous date. Please click start, into the search box type system restore. Select the link that appears and choose to restore to an earlier time. Follow the prompts and the computer will restart when done. If system restore does not launch, if for example, it was never enabled, then we have more options. First, do you know what the program was called. If not, try clicking start, and choose "all apps". Scroll through the list and let me know if you recognize the program used to transfer.

Thanks.

Austin