Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Cannot scan from my artisan 810 to my mac 10.11.2. Set up

Customer Question

Cannot scan from my artisan 810 to my mac 10.11.2.
Set up wireless, all soft ware installed. Printer wants me to be USB and does not understand that I want to be network. I can print from the computer just fine.
I am going Scan>Scan to PC. Then it prompts me to USB Connection with no other options.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try scanning using Image Capture application.

http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If you are unable to scan, go to the link below, download and install Scanner driver utility and Epson Scan and ICA scan driver. It is listed under Drivers.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=132634&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X11

Try using Image Capture again and let me know if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't work. Soft ware is installed. Scanner will not acknowledge my computer. Thinks it is on USB but it is on a wi fi network.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try printing and scanning again.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmm. Earlier the window was showing printer and scanner correctly, but now that has disappeared and it is showing Fax 192.168.1.8 (IP)
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Can you setup wireless once again on the printer? Watch the video below and follow the instructions as per the video.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supAdvice.jsp?UseCookie=yes&noteoid=142026&type=highlights

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I am all reconnected. On the printer and scanner window, (which shows an image and name of the printer) I clicked scan and a scanner window opens. It is all gray, with an empty dashed line box in the center.
The scanner itself shows a strong Wifi connection and wants to use USB when I try to scan.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Dashed border is the selection tool. Only the place in the dashed line box will be scanned. You have to drag the dashed line box to extend the place to scan. Please try that and let me know.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not click-on-able, or draggle. I tried dragging the printer icon into the box, but it bounces back. It seems to me that the computer is recognizing the epson as a printer, but not as a scanner. Although I did download the scan software.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the link below, click Download listed under All-In-One: TeamViewer full version.

https://www.teamviewer.com/hi/download/mac.aspx

After installing it, let me know the ID (E.g 578 467 234) and password (E.g. 2345), so that I can access your computer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
id###-##-####password *****
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please click Trustworthy on teamviewer to authenticate the incoming connection.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

On teamviewer window, click Trustworthy to authenticate the incoming connection.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once you are in, how do you later relinquish control of the computer?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

You can disconnec6t teamviewer anytime by closing it.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am feeling uncomfortable about this.
Thank you
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

It is okay. Can you do the following?

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1792?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Then,

2. Choose Printers & Scanners.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All done. Nothing has changed. I will try the Epson helpline when it opens on Monday. Thank you
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your time.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience too.

Thank you.

S H E F I N