Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have just relocated my laptop & WIFI printer and am

Customer Question

I have just relocated my laptop & WIFI printer and am accessing a different modem. The laptop works the printer doesn't. What do I do to get the printer working?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your printer working on wifi.

Try to uninstall the currently installed printer driver from the computer and then restart it, Reinstall the printer driver using wifi and not usb to make it wirk on the new modem.

Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($12). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance.

In case it has not worked by following the steps i gave, reply me back and i will assist you further.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Michelle,I am an extremely novice user. I had no back up to assist me to uninstall drivers or to access a website to find replacement drivers. I was not prepared to take the risk of trying to do what you proposed with no guarantee that it would work. I removed my computer and printer and took them home. Subsequent enquiry of my pet IT wizard informed me that there was no quarantee of success and even it was when I returned home in due course I would have to reverse the process to talk to my home modem. I decided the safer option was to take a printer to the new site which has both WIFI and USB cable connectivity.
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.

Every time you change a location or try to connect to a new router the computer and the printer has to be patched one time and it save the wifi settings on both the devices.

So the next time you change locations the computer and the printer will automatically detect the router and will be ready to function.

i can configure the printer to the new router by remote access let me know when you are ready.