Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a hub 364e and the correct print driver. I use a word

Customer Question

I have a biz hub 364e and the correct print driver. I use a word document that is 4 pages that I do a mail merge on and the document then becomes 300+ pages. The 1st page of each new "merge" I need to print on letterhead, the balance print to plain white paper. On my old "cheap" scanner/printer I used to literally be able to say print pages 1,5,9,14, etc to 295 on letterhead and the rest would print to plain paper. Please tell me my old school crappy printer wasn't better than my new 364e machine.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The information I found immediately after searching, says the selection is in MS Word, not in your printer driver:

Open your document in MS Word, and select

-- File button

− Page set up

− Choose Paper Tab

− Under Paper Source, choose the tray for your first page and then the tray for the other pages.

This however does not allow selecting one tray for the 1st page of each section of a large multi-page printout, perhaps. I don't know what MS Word versions this applies to, I don't know what MS Word version you have, and I don't know what exactly you would want, aside from specifying some pages arbitrarily as from one paper source or paper tray, and other pages to another paper source or paper tray.

Please let me know, as to all these points, and we may be able to work out a solution. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell - thanks. We use Word 2010. This is a 200 page document (via mail merge), that I need to print the first page of each letter on letterhead (ie tray 2) and the rest of plain white stock (ie tray 3). I dont want to create 200 custom word docvs and tell it each time to print pg 1 from letterhead, etc.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

So, if I understand you correctly - and I have to check, because I'm not sure - you have 200 pages to print, and those 200 need more than 1 cover page on letterhead.

How many pages on letterhead must be specified in those 200 pages?