Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Brother MFC 7860DW and I am trying to make a copy

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC 7860DW and I am trying to make a copy front and back and my printer keeps saying Jam Duplex remove jam paper from back of printer. No paper is stuck.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that - your printer may have a stuck or defective paper presence sensor in the duplexer or duplex area.

Open the duplex area, clean it out (dust or paper fluff may be a factor in the problem), re-seat the covers and parts of the duplex area.

Try a 'rest-reset' and let the printer rest for several hours unplugged from power, then try it again.

Do you have the proper and exactly appropriate printer driver installed on your computer? is your computer an Apple computer, or a Windows PC?