John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Brother HL 3170 CDW will not print. Tells me "printer is not

Customer Question

Brother HL 3170 CDW will not print. Tells me "printer is not connected" It IS properly connected! What can I do besides restarting the computer and checking connections.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

When was the last time you were able to print with this printer on this computer?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you.