Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a Brother 2270dw and the drum and error lights are

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Brother 2270dw and the drum and error lights are on. I have tried holding the Go button for four seconds or more but the other lights did not come on. I tried inserting a drum unit from another same type printer and same issue so the drum unit is not the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's all the info there is
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes as long as I only have to pay if the issue is resolved.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Do you see a light blinking if you open the front of the unit? If so, please press the button until the light stops flashing - this should reset the drop and allow you to use the printer again without a problem. Let me know if you still have questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This answer is way too simplistic and does not work. I tried several other fixes from the internet which didn't work either. You're going to need to come up with something better than this answer to solve the problem.

You're going to first have to tell me what happens when you do what I asked you to do or I won't be able to help. What I asked you to do is very specific. I have no idea what you read on the internet. Most of the information on the internet about this type of problem is incorrect. You need to reset the drum counter. But changing from one drum to another will actually exacerbate the problem. Please leave the new drum in, 1- Open the front cover. 2- Locate the control panel button under the LED lights on the left side. 3- Press the control panel button until all lights are lit, then release it.

If you can do that and then tell me exactly what happens when you do, and if it doesn't correct the problem, we can go from there. If you would rather be condescending, I can simply opt out and let you work with someone else.