Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a Canon MG5220 that will not print out of the large

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG5220 that will not print out of the large ink cartridge (225 PGBK). I have gone through the process including deep cleaning twice and it still will not work. Is there anything else I can try or do I need to take it to a authorized service center?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 11 months ago.

Can you tell me the current status of the inl level of that cartridge, after checking it ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ink level is adequate, matter of fact it is brand new and the cover came off cleanly,so nothing is obscuring the sensor.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's all I have.

If you are able to check the ink level then, it means the chip on the cartridge is OK and the printhead can detect it. But, as you do not get ink, it means the nozzle on the printhead is damaged and that is why, you are not able to solve the problem, by cleaning and deep cleaning the printhead. In this case the only solution is replacing the printhead with a new one. Please let me know, if you need the steps to replace the printhead.