John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Caono MX890 series printer. The fouuowing message

Customer Question

I have a Caono MX890 series printer. The fouuowing message apears:
"Printer error has occurred. Unplug the power cord and contact the service center. I lift the lid to have access to the print cartridges, but the printer module does not traverse.Please advise how to correct this problem.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.

The problem you are facing is caused due to carriage jam and that is why the cartridges do not move to the replacement position, after you open the printer cover. The problem can be caused by various reasons. Please turn off the printer and then, try to slide the cartridges with your hand and let me know, if you are able to slide them or not ?