Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I need drivers Epson Stylus Color 1520 to run on Windows 10.

Customer Question

I need drivers for my Epson Stylus Color 1520 to run on Windows 10.
Category: Printers
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 11 months ago.

Hello there yes please try the Windows 7 drivers which you can select from here

​You just need to make sure you download the correct version be it 32 bit or 64 bit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That does not work, I have Windows 10 OpSys I and several others have tried and have yet to find a way to download Drivers that are not listed in Windows 10 as available Drivers. Microsoft in their all mighty wisdom has set up their system with to many locks on doors. I could doe what you say above if I were using Win7 but Im using Win10 and it justb does not work. Try it yourself in Win10. It's easy to find the drivers but getting them into Win10 is the problem, Microsoft has a discriminating system in Win10. and it discriminates against Win7 Drivers. The problem is ifbthe printer is not on Windows10 list you can't download the drivers.

Hello, what happens when you try to install the downloaded drivers please? Do you get an error message?

Hello I see what you're saying let me see if they are any standalone drivers.

Sorry but I can't find a safe source of a standalone Windows 7 driver. I will opt out for another Expert so please don't rate me

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unless one of you guys has Windows 10 on your machine you will not understand the problem. If you have Windows 10, try downloading drivers for Epson Stylus Color 1520 from Epson (Windows 7 OpSys)
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

You ca download the win 7 drivers from epson from this page

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=14435&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-64

Then you may have to manually change the port to use the usb port once you run the install software you downloaded above.

you can do that by right clicking on the printer and selecting

PRINTER PROPERTIES

then clicking on the ports tab

and selecting one of the usb ports

getting a parallel printer to run on newer versions of windows is getting harder and harder because the new windows versions expect the printer to announce itself and the older printers do not do this and its not even possible to do through a parallel port.

I can log in remotely and work on it with you if you want to pay a little bit extra. I have gotten most working in the past. But not all of them.