Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

This the second time this has happened. I have plenty of

Customer Question

This the second time this has happened. I have plenty of ink, I start printing something where the color is a taupe color. After I have printed it a few times, the color starts turning pink. I;ve cleaned the print nozzles and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Can you help meplease?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Are you using original OEM Lexmark Ink cartridges? If not, I would suggest getting an OEM set and installing those into the printer. If you already have the Lexmark Brand Cartridges, then make sure that when you print, you check the paper TYPE and insure that it is accurate. That can make a major difference on how the color looks on media.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the same Lexmark cartridges and the same paper that I always use. I'm doing nothing different than I have for months. It only happened just recently, but both times it's been when I'm printing either a taupe or gray color.

Did the printer sit unused for more than a couple of weeks at any stretch? This can cause the cartridges to dry up. In any case, it sounds like your black may need to be replaced. That's what is common to those colors... does it consistently start ok, but then taper off as it goes? That is a sign of a cartridge with ink that is drying - it cannot flow to the print surface quickly enough.