JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I use a mac pro laptop, an android tablet, an ipad and an

Customer Question

I use a mac pro laptop, an android tablet, an ipad and an iphone. Recently purchased a brother DCP L-2540DW printer, I am not able to connect via wifi to the printer. I have connected and print with it with a USB cable to my wireless router. However I have not been able to connect any device wirelessly to it. Where can I get the help I need to accomplish this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is c Yosemite version 10.10.5
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did you get that information?I will resend. the computer is a Mac Book Pro with an operating system Yosemite Version 10.10.5
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can only presume that you are unable to help so please do not charge my credit card because I am not satisfied with the response you are negligent in providing.
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 months ago.

I apologize for the delay. Your problem is going to take some time to solve, and I needed to clear my schedule. I can help you now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what do you suggest I need to do?
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 months ago.

I apologize for the delay, again, which was beyond my control this time. I suggest that you uninstall the drivers, reset your printing system, and reinstall the drivers. I will send you the procedure.

Expert:  JKalman replied 11 months ago.

1. Use the printer control panel to connect the printer to your wifi network.

2. Use your Finder to go to Preferences >Printers, and highlight the icon for your print server (printer) and select the -Remove link to uninstall the drivers.

3. Use the Options key on your keyboard and again select the -Remove link while pressing and holding the Options key down to reset the printing system.

4. Reinstall the printer drivers using the link below:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=dcpl2540dw_us_as

5. Restart your computer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
First off the problem is that I am unable to connect the printer to the wifi network so the following steps are not working. Please just cancell this call and my membership or whatever you call it. I will bring the printer back to the supplier. Not going to keep something that will not work. I have never had such difficulty setting up a printer before. So I do not intend to pursue this any further.
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 months ago.

Have you checked your manual for the wifi setup procedure? I can locate your manual online and go through the procedure with you in detail.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let us just stop here please.
Expert:  JKalman replied 11 months ago.

Okay. I cannot locate the manual for your printer.