Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a kodak esp 5250. I can print a test page form the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I have a kodak esp 5250. I can print a test page form the print utility which looks fine no skips etc. but when i print a document it is blank.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok. I have tried cleaning print heads and nothing. Just recently replaced the cartridge as well. Like i said it will print the test page from the print utilty just fine I have tried printing different documents from various programs but they all come through blank. No ink smudges or anything.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Thanks!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you please try making a photocopy, directly from the glass (test it in both black and color modes) and let me know how that comes out?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you! I tried copying and it works just fine. Also I connected a different computer and it prints like it should. Lol, I think it has something to do on the computer side then. They're both IMacs for your info.
I'm not able to restart the iMac that I'm having trouble with right now, but when I g to a chance I'm going to do that and see if that solves it.
Thanks again,
Will
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the update, Will. The reboot may be all it needs and will be the first step.

Did either mac get updated to el capitan recently by chance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The iMac that is printing fine has OS X Yosemite, the one that does not work has OS X Mavericks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Did it ever work previously on the maverikcs os?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it was working up until a few hrs ago. Lol
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Okay that is usually just a driver/communication issue.

Reboot first,

then go into preferences/printers, and remove the kodak

reboot again

then go here: http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17378/selected/true to download the latest drivers and reinstall