Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Problems with maxify canon 5350
, mb5350 yesterday i

Customer Question

Customer: Hey, problems with maxify canon 5350
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: mb5350 yesterday i was setting up new printer, it did work fine but now it does not find wifi anymore
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How old is your printer? if less than a year old, and if it is not finding *any* WiFi stations or SSIDs, then it might have become defective within warranty. In which case, contacting Canon in the nation you bought it in or bought it from, would be appropriate, and Canon would fix it for you for free.

But, have you tried checking on the WiFi router box? make sure it is producing a WiFi signal, as well as that it is switched On. (Check as to WiFi network status, on the indicator lights. Restart it if you like, after leaving it Off for 5 or more minutes.)

Or do you mean, that your computer cannot find and print to the printer? if so, was it set up with a fixed IP Address (or 'static IP Address' - both meaning, an IP Address that does not change when the router is restarted or turned Off and then On again.) If not, then its IP address may have been reassigned by the WiFi router box, and be different from the one in the computer's configuration. In which case, you would need to

A. choose a new, static/fixed IP Address on your local network, for the printer, then

B. set that static IP Address in the printer's WiFi setup

C. unisnstall the printer in the computer's Devices And Printers - by selecting the icon for your printer and Del-eting it.

D. then install the printer again, after a restart of the computer.