MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

, I've been having some problems with a Brother

Customer Question

Customer: Hi All,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've been having some problems with a Brother mfc9330cdw - just before Christmas I noticed some rubber fragments were being left on printed pages. I discovered that the source was the fuser unit, which had deteriorated to the point of exposing the metal underneath (fuser life was still at 70% according to the printer, and no error codes were displayed). I have bought a new fuser unit and installed it, however the printer is now displaying "print error 05", which I can't find on Brother's website. So, my question is; what is error 05, and how can I fix it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your mfc9330cdw?

The error refers to a communication connection.

Try resetting your internet, and wifi on that unit.

That should solve the problem. Please let me know if it doesn't.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)

But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Please visit this page:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=hk&lang=en&prod=mfc9330cdw_us_eu_as&faqid=faq00002802_000