Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a HP Photosmart c4280 all in one

Customer Question

I have a HP Photosmart c4280 all in one printer,scanner,copierI have my ink cartridge jammed. I am not sure what I did when I replace them last month. I tried to to print something out yesterday for the first time since reloading and realized there was a problem
I may not have had the machine on when I inserted them. I thought they were in properly guess not. Now I can"t remove them. Is it hopeless?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

According to documentation, if the printer is Off when you open the print cartridge access door on this model, the print cartridges will not release for removal and replacement.

So... was the printer new, and no cartridges in it, when you put in the present ones? if not, I think your worry about the printer being Off when you replaced the cartridges is N/A.

But anyway... please do this:

- check your Ink Levels (in the software for your printer provided by HP, on your computer.)

- check your printer's display for any sort of error message, or error code, and tell me what you find there.

- check, on your computer, in your printer's queue. See if there are any jobs stopped or visible waiting there.

Let me know what you find out, please. And I will advise you further. Thanks.