Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My name is ***** ***** and I talked with you earlier. You

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I talked with you earlier. You didn't seem to understand my question without expecting payment, when my question was whether this bluetooth adapter I bought to work with my canon pixma ip100 would work with iPad. Now, I have talked with Apple and have downloaded PrintCentralPro app. Would you now like to tell me if this will actually work with the Canon printer? Yes or no would suffice, then I could be more than willing to pay for assistance to get this to work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Did and done.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Got same answer last time. Is there "a real person" on the other end?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

what is the model number of the adapter and what do you expect it to do?

most ipads would already have blue tooth.

the pixma ip100 does not come with blue tooth but you can use a blue tooth adapter. However it must be a specific one designed for the printer. There are a lot of blue tooth adapters that are designed for use in a computer. These will not work

The cannon Bu-30 blue tooth adapter will work

this page has instructions on how to set it up

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART151074

Once the blue tooth is working on the printer you should be able to pair to it and print to it using the instructions on this page

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/print-via-bluetooth-ipad-59510.html