Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Color ImageCLASS MF8580Cdw printer that is less

Customer Question

I have a Color ImageCLASS MF8580Cdw printer that is less than a year old. It has worked fine until yesterday. It's connected with a wire to the router and it prints, but it won't scan. Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your firewall, if of a readjusting kind, may have readjusted to block the scanning functions. It is possible for a firewall (of any kind) to do this, owing to printing being over a different channel than scanning, and/or considerations of the direction of transactions being made over the network for each function.

What scanner utility are you using? is there any error message?

I suggest going back into the firewall settings, selecting the scanner utility program, and 'opening' it, giving it rights, to free communication with ( specifically ) your printer's local IP address (which I suggest be a 'fixed' IP address, one that won't vary with repeated startups of the local router box.)