Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My name is ***** *****. I have a Canon ImageCLASS MF6540. I

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a Canon ImageCLASS MF6540. I haven't scanned any documents since I upgraded to Windows 10. Is it not compatible? Are there new drivers? The printer feature appears to be working normally.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I opened the MF toolbox and set the setting for scanning (PDF, ADF, greyscale, and save option, usually, the ImageCLASS immediately responds. However, this time, it was hung up and gave me a number of message including device not found. I restarted my computer, turned the ImageCLASS off for about a minute and retired - no response. I may need to repeat this to give you the exact error messages.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

This product is not compatible with the operating system selected and no drivers will be made available. Please consider upgrading either your product or operating system to a model or version that is supported. If you wish to upgrade your product, you may be interested in checking our cashback page for current promotions and offers on new products.

Please check the below link for more information.

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/laser/laserbase_mf_series/i-sensys_mf6540.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows%2010%20%2864-bit%29

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** I suspected.
Expert:  Shefin replied 11 months ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. However, this is the honest answer I can give.

Thank you.
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dear Shefin, When I contact JustAnswer on January 5, 2016 with the above question, I was in a hurry to scan a document and I got your answer that "This product is not compatible with the operating system selected and no drivers will be made available." Today, I had time today to re-visit my problem and within seconds I found that there ARE drivers. https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-imageclass/imageclass-mf6540 and the release dates were in July and August. I downloaded the drivers and the ImageCLASS is now working properly. The site your referred me to is CANON-EUROPE. I'm however in the USA. Before I send in the survey/review about your services, I'd like to receive a response from you and I'd like to request a refund/credit for being given incorrect information. And as feedback, if by chance this driver was not available at the time, it would have been nice if JustAnswer would follow up with new information as it becomes available. I have a screen shot of the webpage with the drivers if you’d like that emails to you.
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

I would suggest you contact our customer support in order to get a refund. You can contact them from the link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you.

S H E F I N