John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

On my Epsion WF-3620/WF 3640 printer I am getting a message

Customer Question

On my Epsion WF-3620/WF 3640 printer I am getting a message "Printer error. Turn the printer off and on again. For details see your documentation or visit Epson.com.
Error Code 0x69
I am trying to put a new ink cartridge in the printer for the first time. When I open the lid the computer does not recycle, and the little geared above the print heads will not come up to allow me to remove the old print cartridge. HELP
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Charles.

Can you please open the printer.
Then unplug the printer, sharply and suddenly, from the power.
Then, reach in and see if you can move the carriage over with gentle pressure on it... do not force it if it is locked in place or hard to move.

See if that allows you to get the cartridge out, if so, then remove the cartridge, close the cover and power on the printer and tell me what happens.

Let me know the results please.