Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

At one time my Samsung C460 printer would print on 65 lb.

Customer Question

At one time my Samsung C460 printer would print on 65 lb. cardstock. Then it jammed in the middle of my last print job. I have a project due tomorrow and I've been messing with this problem for weeks. The Samsung people tried to tell me it's only rated for 58 lb. paper. According to Office Depot here in town, they do not make 58 lb. I'm not sure what country I was speaking to at Samsung. I need to get this thing working tonight.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

For sure, this model is not rated for 65lb of any type of stock. As far as the specs go, it maxes out at:

48lb Card Stock (which is weird because The term card stock is usually used to describe paper with weights from 50 lb to 110 lb!

58lb Photo paper

Here is the actual spec page so you can see if I'm overlooking something.

http://bitli.es/Mcm60G

My conclusion though, is that that weight of card stock is not going to work on that printer. I wish I had a better conclusion for you, but that's the one I come to.