Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Paper tray stuck. Won't come out it's stuck partially open

Customer Question

Customer: Paper tray stuck. Won't come out it's stuck partially open
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I opened the tray to add more paper. When I pushed it back in the tray stopped before completly closing only has about 2" to full close. I was able to get the paper out I had placed in the tray. The tray will not close or slide back out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

what most likely happened is that it slid in but not on the tracks that it was supposed to go onto

it will keep going in getting more and more offline until it gets stuck. the same way a draw in a furniture dresser might

at this point you have to get it back out the way it came in. There is no way to just open around it and remove it easily. It is jammed in. You have to use enough force to get it back the way it came and hope you can do it without breaking anything.

once it is out than you can look for the slides that it runs on and make sure that the little tabs on the draw go into the slides or vice versa. sometimes you have to lift it up a little as you put it in to get it lined up correctly. Once it is though it will slide right back in and be fine.