Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I am trying to print on a canon Pixma MX860. I loaded more

Customer Question

I am trying to print on a canon Pixma MX860. I loaded more paper now there is a clicking sound while it is trying to print and an error comes up that says rear tray has no paper. It says load paper and press OK. I did that but it is still clicking and giving me an error. Please help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Remove the rear tray. Take all the paper out of it.

(Examine the space where the tray fits for anything unusual, esp. the rollers that may be visible there, that are intended to swiff the top sheet off the paper stack.)

Load only 25 sheets (at most) into the rear paper tray. Go according to instructions in your manual, step by step.

Put the tray back into the printer, correctly, and try to have the printer load the paper.

If the clicking sound continues, and you saw nothing abnormal in the tray area when you inspected it, there may be nothing to do but have the printer serviced.