Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your printer questions
62924203

I cant get it to print saying paper jammed
, ive look

Customer Question

Customer: I cant get it to print saying paper jammed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ive look for paper nothing is jammed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be working with you today. Let's see if we can get your problem resolved!

1. Open the Printer

2. Remove the paper from the tray

3. Unplug the printer

4. Remove the cartridges if they block your view. Take a light piece of cardboard or card stock paper and push through the rollers to dislodge any paper stuck in them you can't see.

5. Use a flashlight and see if you can find any jammed paper or foreign objects. If you can see something but can't get to it, or even if you have a jam but don't see anything, pick the printer up, face the opening toward the ground and lightly shake it.

6. Using a can of compressed air (you can find these at walmart or the dollar store) and blow out the inside of the printer, along any access doors, and where the paper is fed. This removes bits of paper from places you can't see.

7. WHILE THE PRINTER IS UNPLUGGED, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

8. Now we're ready to setup the printer again. Return the paper to the tray, return the cartridges to the printhead.

9. Very important: Hold down the stop/cancel button. Plug the printer back in and turn the printer back on WHILE holding down stop/cancel.

10. If the error persists, let me know.