John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have installed my new gift Canon MG6820 Wireless All-In-One

Customer Question

Have installed my new gift Canon MG6820 Wireless All-In-One Printer w/ Scanner and Copier using the CD, however, installed it incorrectly; using WPS instead of Cableless setting. I am now getting a lot of "junk" on the printed pages from 2013 old HP printer stuff. How can I uninstall & re-install my new printer correctly ???
Mary
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 11 months ago.

Which version of Windows do you use ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
8.1

Can you explain a little bit, what exactly do you mean junk from 2013

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Old files used with this HP laptop & HP Photosmart printer (which was "out of date" with my HP laptop & could not print from "on-line". Every time I have tried to print (& the Canon does print from "on-line") some portions of 2013 files I had stored in HP laptop gets printed across bottom of page. Can't I just uninstall and install over again using my CD?

There is nothing wrong with the installation, if the installation was wrong, you cannot print from the printer. I think there is some problem with your computer, because what ever a printer prints is send from the computer. I can directly connect with your PC and help you to solve the problem or we can continue here with this chatting mode.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If the problem is with my computer, I have a person who has worked with me locally who can do a check up on my HP laptop.

OK, if you want to try that, can you open a black document from MS Word and then type something and print it and let me know, what is output ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can, except my printer screen says "The latest firmware is on the server. Install the firmware update from (Device settings) in (Setup).
Should I push "ok" on the printer screen, so I can print something??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Or can I do that later?

OK, you should update the firmware.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Am having trouble copying & pasting a doc here. Am used to Win XP, fairly new to 8.1, and dragging & dropping is not my forte! Also a 77 yr old lady who does mostly e-mails !! Maybe we'd just better let it go for now?

There is no need to copy and paste anything, just open a blank document in Word then, type some words and try to print.