Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have a canon 5050n laser printer that is not calibrating.

Customer Question

Customer: hello, i am Olu. I have a canon 5050n laser printer that is not calibrating. It gives the following message "Calibration has not been finished correctly. Perform calibration again.Out-of-Register Colors Correction has not been performed. Perform Out-of-Register Colors Correction again"
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When i try to print regardless, everything comes out in magenta colour
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok. I only pay if the problem is fixed?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, although you said i pay if satisfied, I was asked to pay a £3 deposit. Will this be refunded if not satisfied?
Also, for how much longer am i to wait please?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

To fix this problem, go to the printer status window on your computer, then from the options menu, select Utility and then Out of Register Colors Correction.
You should get a confirmation messsage and the correction will take about two minutes to complete.
If you are still getting a message that calibration is occuring, make sure that the printer is not set to calibrate immediately on startup. To do this, go to the same printer status window on your computer, then go to device settings>calibration settings, and make sure the dropdown in that dialog is set to "print priority".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, i have tried the above as the same response was given to a similar query few years ago. It did not work. Please look at my query carefully, it was not just about the calibration error, but printing was faulty too, printing all in magenta colour
Thanks

Hi Olu,

Are you using genuine Canon toner cartridges?

Have you tried fitting replacement cartridges?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am using genuine canon cartridge. I have also replaced the magenta cartridge

What about replacing the other cartridges, since the magenta appears to be working ok?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
magenta is the one not working okay, as the white paper is all covered in magenta when i print. However, i replaced all cartridge and it is still the giving the same error. The printed paper turns magenta (instead of white), but it still has all other writing like normal. Only magenta is playing up. It is coming out as the background colour instead of white
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, i am still awaiting a response and solution to my printer problem. If unable to solve, can i request a refund of what i paid please? Thanks