Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My MX330 keeps coming up with an error code 5200, how do I

Customer Question

My MX330 keeps coming up with an error code 5200, how do I resolve this issue?
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

The error code 5200 is a service error indicating an internal fault which usually needs the unit to be serviced.

However, you may try the below intermediate steps

1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified 4 times

once done turn the unit on and check

if still error code repeats try the below

the Stop/ Reset button.

once done turn the unit on and check

the Stop/ Reset button.

once done turn the unit on and check

the Stop/ Reset button.

once done turn the unit on and check

if still error repeats try the below

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done check the paper feed tray and printing area for anything jamming like paper, pins etc and if found remove it

if still the error code repeats the unit would need to be serviced.

in such a case, if within warranty you may get it done through Canon else through a local repair store.

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again

let me know if you have any questions

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.
Thank you for using our service.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing worked
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All of this ocured after I changed the black ink cartridge

please remove the black cartridge and reinsert back in

if still error repeats,

the unit would need to be serviced.

let me know if you have any questions

Thank you for using our service