Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

We have transferred our MFC-7362N from one location to

Customer Question

We have transferred our MFC-7362N from one location to another.
I have changed the phone and fax number. My query is how to lower the tone made by the MFC when faxes are being sent. At present, it is annoyingly loud.
Thank you
Robert
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There is no listed way to change the volume of what this model echoes from the line as it is making initial handshaking. There is a volume setting for the beep the machine makes to signify a change in settings or a button being pushed, but there is no volume setting for the echoing of the tones on the line.

At best, ***** ***** (if you were a technician) disassemble the device, locate the speaker through which such tones are produced, and place muffling material over it.